Wednesday 5 October 2011

Tolkien Approved Baby Gift

The baby socks that I cast on last week turned into a whole baby set for a colleague who is going on maternity leave this week. I decided to make scratch mitts, the socks and a cool aviator style hat, called Aviatrix on Ravelry, that I have been wanting to try for a while. Once I had finished a sock, the mitts and the hat I realized that the sizing is a bit off. Unless of course the baby has a smallish head, tiny hands and giant feet. My friends so lovingly have referred to this as the hobbit baby set. There have been many jokes about living in the Shire. Oh well, the lovely thing about babies is that they grow. So the socks will fit eventually.

Dressing baby from head to super large toes.

I managed to make these all from a skein of Dream in Colour Classy in colourway Spring Tickle. I have quite a bit leftover for another little baby treat. The patterns I used are Aviatrix Hat in newborn size, Jelly Bean Baby Socks, and Baby Mitts. All are available for free. I got the cute button at Lettuce Knit in Kensington Market. When I told my guy the button cost $1.50 he was horrified and informed me that it would have been cheaper to punch two holes in a looney. He also felt this would have been a shinier option. Needless to say, we went with my button.

msi.

No comments:

Post a Comment