Sunday 18 December 2011

New Technology, Vintage Look

The guy and I both got new ipod touches for Christmas, and we got to unwrap them early so we can have them during the upcoming Christmas travel and festivities. I had an older generation itouch that I bought used a while back and I loved it. The most exciting thing about the new one is the built in camera. I have already downloaded instagram, vintage cam and hipstomatic. I love that these programs allow you to make photos that look and feel vintage. You can follow me on instagram (nervousknitter) but here are a few of the pictures I took of this lazy Sunday.


Tiny and Large - my two most recent finished knits, A bulky cowl out of Malabrigo Rasta and a delicate fingerless mitten out of Tanis Fiber Arts merino cashmere fingering weight.


Yesterday during my last shopping attempt I bought this ball at Romni Wool. The staff made over 50 balls from the new book 50 Christmas Balls to Knit and sold them for charity. All of the proceeds from these balls go to POGO (Paediatric Oncology Group Ontario). I though the squirrel motif went perfectly with our woodland themed tree. 


Our beautiful handmade ornament laden tree.


Gorgeous flowers, a holiday gift from my dear friend Lindsay


Taken on my Nikon, I couldn't resist showing a close up on the lusciousness that is the Malabrigo cowl. 






Lola just had to get in on the photo shoot action. 
'til next time,


msi.

1 comment:

  1. Your tree is stunning. I really do think that you will find a career in wool...just give it time. We are looking forward to seeing you at Christmas. We are planning on dropping by on Christmas Day. Are you doing anything exciting on your time off?

    ReplyDelete