Wednesday 28 December 2011

Happy Holidays & First WIP Wednesday

I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday filled with family, friends, food and festivities. We had a special, while unorthodox, Christmas at our place, with my mom, step-dad, dad, step-mom, grandmother and my guy. It was very strange as this was the first time we were all together, but it couldn't have gone better or been more fun. I feel very lucky to have the family I do. However, when everyone cleared out on Boxing Day there was a sigh of relief as sharing our two bedroom apartment with four other people was a bit of a spatial challenge!

I'm going to make a effort to post more frequently, so I am going to try and stick to a WIP Wednesday in which I feature one of my "Works In Progress". This week I want to share my new sweater. The Shiny Green Monster has officially left this world and I have a sense of invigoration and freedom in the realm of sweater knitting. I had originally picked out a cardigan from the wonderful book Coastal Knits, but when I was in Portland I visited a great shop called Knit Wit Yarn Shop where I fell in love with Quince and Co. Yarns and their pattern for the Kara Cardigan.

The Kara Cardigan designed by Cecily Glowik MacDonald. Pattern information can be found on their website or on the ravelry pattern page. Photo from the Quince and Co. website. 
I purchased enough of the chickadee yarn (a sport weight wool) in the lupine colourway; a rich medium range purple that I love.

My yarn just waiting to be turned into something beautiful and wearable. 
On Boxing Day, once the Christmas knitting was complete and everyone else was out shopping, I curled up on the couch and casted on. So far I have finished the bottom ribbing and 2 lace pattern repeats. This is moving along a lot faster than I thought and I am enjoying the all over lace pattern. I am hoping that with blocking it will open up and become a bit larger, but am hopeful that it should fit well in the end. 





'til next time, knit on!

msi

No comments:

Post a Comment