Sunday 1 January 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to all!


What a holiday this has been. It's hard to believe that it is back to work tomorrow; I was just starting to get relaxed!


I'm not one for new years resolutions, but I do have some 2012 knitting goals.


1. It's all about the sweater. I have three batches of yarn in sweater quantities and I would like to make them all up in 2012.


2. Self-imposed Sock Knitting Club. Based on an idea by the brilliant Yarn Harlot, as a way to destash the mountain of sock yarn one might collect. At the beginning of the year you put 12 sock patterns and corresponding yarn in ziplock bags and every month you make a pair of socks. I am starting off January with a bang and may possibly have chosen the most complicated socks ever. More on that later...


3. Knit for myself! I know this may sound selfish, but as I perused all the knitted gifts I gave away this Christmas I decided that I would do a few calculations. I checked Ravelry and discovered that in 2011 I knit a total of 82 finished projects. I then realized that I have kept 6 of them - mostly hats, I adore my hats! I love knitting gifts, but I also want to start enjoying some hand knits myself!


On that note, 2 new Rebecca Danger monsters that I finished over the holidays and now reside on my desk.


Zeke the Aloof Alpaca pattern. I named this sweetie Philippe after the cute baby alpaca that we met at Good Karma Farm when we were in Maine. 


A mini Gabby the Garden Monster. I made this mini with some hand dyed sock yarn I found in the bargain room at Needles & Knits in Aurora. Love her!


Wishing everyone all the best for a happy 2012!


msi.

No comments:

Post a Comment