Tuesday 24 January 2012

Back on the Hexi Track...

After my complete failure last week to complete a single puff, I doubled my efforts this week and managed to turn this....



Into this...



The shipment of mini-skeins definitely did its thing and inspired me to make 13 gorgeous puffs in wintery blues and whites. Glad to be on the right track again! Also, I loved trying a bunch of yarns that I had never tried before. My favourites were the Wollmeise, Bare Sheep Company and JL Vinca. I will definitely be seeking them out for future knitted socks.


Yarns Used This Week:

ONline Supersocke Butterfly Colour in 1154
JL Vinca in 806
 Koigu KPPPM in Snowdrift
            Bare Sheep Company Merino Nylon Sock in Dumbledore  
      Lazy Perry Ranch Sock in Turquoise
      Woolmeise 100% in Karnblume  
      Dream in Color Smooshy in Lunar Zazzle
      Lion Brand Sock Ease in 100 Marshmallow
 Patons Kroy Sock in Blazing Blue
Regia World Ball Color in Argentine
All Things Heather Sock in Turquoise
Araucania Ranco in Sky Blue

      Happy Knitting, 

      msi

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you again. Love the blue hexipuffs...this is going to be one colourful, cuddly bee quilt. Glad to hear that the teaching is going well...we would expect no less. Hugs all around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for productivity! Can I borrow some please? Haven't touched my 'puff kit' in days..

    Also, have you picked a baby blanket yet? I keep meaning to try the Chalice - but crochet goes so much quicker :-)

    ReplyDelete