Wednesday 29 February 2012

Happy Leap Day!

I know that technically it should be WIP Wednesday, but since it is the last day of February it's only appropriate that I show off and review for you my February Love Socks!



The pattern: This was my first time doing stripes and I loved it. i found that the colour changes made it more interesting to do the stocking leg and heel. I also enjoyed the combination intarsia/stranded colourwork on the heel and love the cute hearts. I have actually taken my shoes off multiple times to show relative strangers my heels. Awkward...

 I am glad that I ended up doing them the opposite colours for a pair of "fraternal" socks. All and all the pattern was very good, although I did have a bit of trouble with the heel, I think the numbers may have been slightly off in the pattern. The pattern is available for free on Ravelry and it is by Devon Clement.

The yarn: We all know that I love Tanis Fiber Arts and the Purple Label is extra yummy with the addition of cashmere (used the Sand colourway here). The red is leftover Fleece Artist 2/6 Merino that I had leftover from the guy's Valentine's heart. I loved this yarn also (it was my first time working with it) and the tones to the red are really beautiful.

The stack of books: Is still a stack of books. Actually, now that all of my students have finished choosing their books it has gotten a bit taller. Sigh...

And just because it is WIP Wednesday here is a sneak peak of my Mom's birthday present in progress.



Happy Leap Day!

msi

No comments:

Post a Comment